We can help people with NDIS plans, Pension Card holders and Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) clients access the funding they are eligible for.
We also help people who are self-funded, including those with private health insurance.
Hearing Services Program (HSP)
The Hearing Services Program (HSP) is a Commonwealth Government program, which aims to reduce the impact of hearing loss by providing eligible people with access to hearing services and devices.
Eligible people include:
- Centrelink Pension Concession Card holders
- NDIS participants (if hearing is in your plan)
- Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA)
- Pension Card holders
- Gold Card holders
- White Card holders (if hearing is specified)
Eligible clients can access the services below for free:
- a comprehensive hearing assessment
- individual rehabilitation plans
- advice or support about hearing loss
- tinnitus and communication support
- hearing aids or other devices
Maintenance and care of these devices is provided for a small annual fee.
If you would like higher levels of technology in your hearing aids, you can contribute to the cost of them.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
If you have a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan that includes hearing loss, you may be able to access the Australian Government’s Hearing Services Program (see above for what services the HSP includes).
If you are eligible for the HSP you will be able to get the cost of your hearing aids subsidised. This means there is no cost or you can pay a contribution in order to get hearing aids with higher technology included.
NDIS participants may be able to access funding toward Assistive Technology Assessments and Assistive Technology to increase safety and awareness in the home.
Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) clients can access hearing services via the HSP (see above for what services the HSP includes).
DVA clients are eligible for the HSP if they have:
- DVA Gold Health Card
- DVA White Card for Hearing Loss
- DVA Pensioner Concession Card or spouse/dependant of one of the above categories
DVA clients are eligible to subsidised assistive listening devices such as phones or TV headsets.